This month the Stash Builder Box BOTM is a variation of the Simple Heart block by Cluck Cluck Sew. We’ve adjusted the dimensions of the original block a bit to make a 9” finished block that will fit with all of your other SBB blocks. With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, now would be the perfect time to start stitching up these blocks for a fun heart quilt.
Fabric A: Cut 2-2 ½” x 4 ½” rectangles
Fabric B: Cut 2- 2 ½” squares, Cut 4 -1” squares
Fabric C: Cut 2- 3” x 4 ½” rectangles, Cut 2- 3” x 9 ½”
All seam allowances are ¼”.
1) Draw a diagonal line down the center of each of the 2 ½” Fabric B squares.
2) Place the squares at the bottom of the Fabric A rectangles (right sides together).
3) Sew along the drawn line.
4) Measure ¼” from the seam, and trim off the corner.
5) Open the unit and press the seam out.
6) Draw a diagonal line down the center of each 1” Fabric B square.
7) Place the squares in the top corners of each Fabric A rectangle right sides together.
8) Sew along the drawn line and trim the corners off as you did in Step 4.
9) Open and press the seams open.
10) Arrange the two units to form a heart and sew them together.
11) Open up and press the seam open.
12) Arrange the Fabric C rectangles according to the photo below.
13) Attach the side rectangles first. Open and press out.
14) Attach the top and bottom strips and do a final press.
15) Trim to 9” x 9”.
When you finish your block, post a photo to social media. Be sure to use #BOTMSBB and tag Stash Builder Box. We can’t wait to see your hearts!