Hi there, lovely Ambassadors in waiting!
We had such a hard time picking our top 5 Ambassadors and we are so very thankful for you wanting to be part of our team!
So many of you had hearts to help and get involved, so we came up with a fun block challenge exclusively for YOU (the best part is that it helps fulfill our vision to bless kids.. AND it has some prizes involved)!
Introducing our Ambassador in Waiting Challenge!
Here’s how it works:
1. We made up a AIW (Ambassador in Waiting) Challenge bundle just for you! I emailed a special link to buy a bundle, so check your email!
For only $7 ($4 bundle, $3 shipping) , you’ll get :
- a whole or combination of a half-yard cut from the collection we chose for October (it’s a new & popular collection!)
- An SBB quilty truth pencil
- An SBB pin
- AND 110 yd spool of Gütermann thread
PLUS a chance to make a block to bless kids in need!
2. Once you buy your bundle and it arrives (your bundle will ship 10/18), your challenge will begin! The challenge will be to make the LOVE block below (all 4 letters put together as one block, NOT finished into a mini) by Kelby Sews :
Photo Credit: Sew Mama Sew & Kelby Sews (http://www.sewmamasew.com/2012/02/true-love-love-mini-quilt-pattern-tutorial/)
FREE PDF PATTERN DOWNLOAD : http://www.sewmamasew.com/february2012/LOVE.pdf
Print your pattern off at 50% scale (like she did). I stacked all of my papers together to help draw in the outside lines on the L and side of the V with a ruler before I began.
When you finish each individual letter block, remember to trim along the outside line like she talks about, as we printed at 50%.
When your entire LOVE block is finished, trim down to 10.25″ H x 7.75″ W.
3. Make your Wonky LOVE Block your own! Get creative with stitching or other embellishments! Show your personality in your block- to be qualified to win, use strictly the October fabric from your bundle and solids along with this pattern.
Beyond that, use the pattern and add your personality to it however you wish!
4. Post your LOVE block to Instagram! Be sure to tag & give pattern credit to @kelbysews, tagging us (@stashbuilderbox) AND using both #wonkyloveblock AND #sbbambassadors hashtags by 11/10. You can make one LOVE block or multiple LOVE blocks, the sky is the limit with your entries and you are free to make as many from the fabric you get!
5. Drop your block/blocks in the mail to us by 11/15:
7206 S 900 E, Midvale UT 84047 – be sure to put your name and IG name somewhere inside your package so we know who it belongs to!
6. All of the LOVE blocks will all be sewn together into finished quilts by our volunteer Heart Builders team. We’ll take some pictures once they’re all complete and the very best part is that YOUR block will be part of a quilt that’s donated to kids in need!
7. It’s a win win! You’ll bless someone, you’ll get a chance to play with the collection from our October box AND get a chance to win prizes!
NOW FOR THE PRIZES!!!
We’ll pick a random winner of a posted LOVE block from our hashtags on Instagram (#wonkyloveblock AND #sbbambassadors) on 11/21 to win their own copy of The Quilt Design Coloring Workbook!
If you haven’t checked out, it’s such a COOL and FUN book! (Amazon link for more info: https://www.amazon.com/Quilt-Design-Coloring-Workbook-Exercises/dp/1612127851/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1475284841&sr=1-1&keywords=quilt+design+coloring+workbook)
We’ll pick a random winner on 11/28 from the donated blocks we receive, to win one pack of Story Patches (don’t forget to put your iG name on a note inside your donation!).
Story Patches create customized labels for your quilts that connect
personal video, photos, or audio! Add every detail about your quilt
through one tiny patch. Preserve the story of your quilt for family,
friends and future generations.
Remember, as an Ambassador in Waiting, this challenge is ONLY exclusive to you! It’s an awesome, fun way to get involved and encourage those who could use some kindness and encouragement.
With your help, I believe we could make many quilts for kids in need & have a blast along the way! We can’t wait to bless some kids & see your blocks!
Questions? Feel free to email Amanda anytime at : email@example.com!
*Special thanks to Kelby Sews for letting us use her LOVE pattern. If you are interested in the whole Wonky Alphabet, be sure to visit her Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/listing/86412807/wonky-alphabet-pdf-digital-download?ref=shop_home_feat_1) & Craftsy page (https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/patterns/wonky-alphabet/101147).
***Our challenge is exclusive to our Ambassadors in Waiting in the U.S. at this time only. If you’d like to apply for our next round of Ambassadors and have your chance at our next challenge, please be sure to follow our Instagram and look for an announcement mid to end October : www.instagram.com/stashbuilderbox.
*** Please know that this is an optional challenge. Involvement in our Challenge is optional to have fun with other Ambassadors in Waiting & it will have no effect on your Ambassador spot**